Half of the world’s population uses menstrual products to carry out their daily routine (such as work, education, leisure, etc.) and to ensure a decent quality of life. In addition, it is estimated that 90% of menstrual products are made of plastic, which makes it impossible for them to biodegrade in the environment. The European Union (EU) classifies sanitary products as the fifth most common single-use waste in the environment and marine animals.
The FEMECO Project (No.: 2021-1-FR01-KA220-ADU-000028258) aims to shed light on this problem and achieve the following objectives:
- To develop an online training program on how to manufacture biodegradable and reusable hygiene products from a natural material, respectful of both women’s bodies and the environment.
- Raise awareness and educate the public about the impact of menstrual products on the environment.
- Promote a more sustainable lifestyle and consumption.
- Increase access to hygiene products for women and girls who cannot afford them.
- Create small-scale ecological and social entrepreneurship opportunities for vulnerable women.
To carry out this project, Magenta Consultancy works with different organisations across Europe:
|RÉSEAU DES ORGANISATIONS DE SOLIDARITÉ INTERNATIONAL FRANCE – ESSONNE||FRANCE|
|STOWARZYSZENIE – SEDA||POLAND|
|ASTIKI MH KERDOSKOPIKI ETAIREIA HELPING HAND||GREECE|
|ZEWELEPE CONSULTANTS LIMITED||CYPRUS|
|KADIN VE GENC GIRISIM MERKEZI DERNEGI – WOMAN AND YOUNG ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE ASSOCIATION||TURKEY|
|EURO-MED YOUTH FEDERATION||GERMANY|